Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Testimony

So I guess I need to get one more post in...who am I kidding? It's not like someone is desperately waiting for my post--I have no followers!! I don't know if I want followers, per-se.  I mean, I want people to read what I post, like it when they do, and hate it when they don't. Followers just sounds so diligent and miliatry-like...so anyways, what is this post going to be about...IT'S ABOUT ME!!

My name is Rhea (Ray) Hutchcroft, and I'm a 25 year old CRAZY girl! I was the kid that changed her clothes 15 times a day because at times I feel like 15 different people everyday.  My self-esteem odometer has been on E for sometime, so I'm surprsied the fumes are getting me this far! I'm a nicoholic (that would be a recovering nicotine abuser). I also have a history of alcohol abuse and ocasional drug abuse.  HEY, I know-this is baring it all. But, I guess a testimony isn't any fun if I get up here and say, "Hi, my name is Dan, I had the perfect family life, nothing went wrong in my life, no, not even once, and I am so excited for tomorrow!!!" So back to my testimony.  I had a sleugh of stupid, dramatic, emotional (AKA MESSY) relationships with a lot of boys/men since I was 15. I think it's because my dad and I weren't connecting very well at that time, and my parents were very busy fighting with each other to help boost my self-esteem or my brothers.  I feel like that Samaritan woman chatting it up with Jesus. He looks right at her and says "Go get your husband"....and he knows she doesn't have one. She could have tried to cover it up, saying, "Yeah I'll go get him", but instead she said "I don't have a husband". Jesus shot back "You have had 5 husbands and the one with you now is not your husband". Now, if someone called me on something like that my already crumbling esteem would blow away like dust in the wind. The Samaritan woman says "you must be a prophet to know this." She then runs through town spreading the message that the Messiah is here. That woman probably thought that because of her past, the Messiah would never be able to redeem her. But I guess that's the message of my testimony.

I am broken on so many levels, and I'm no longer ashamed to admit it.  I am ashamed to stay away from the only source that can put me back together - Jesus Christ-my brother, my teacher and my savior. What a wonderful feeling. The world can beat me down day in and day out, but in the end, His hands will raise me up...

Those reading this may be like, "So...what's the point Rhea". The point is this: I am going to changing some things in my life with His help. I have some cleaning up to do, so to speak. Prayer is much appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment