Sunday, September 9, 2012

I needed this!

It's been a good day.  I spent the AM with Shana ( a friend of mine from a previous work location) at Starbucks and then at the Gateway church. I had a blast. It was a nice reprieve from my ever watchful mind.  It was also a big confirmation of something I NEEDED TO HEAR.

Suffering links us with Christ.  Suffering is now part of God's design for our lives, and it reminds us we need Him.  We shouldn't try to pluck people out of their suffering, but should join them on their level and simply "be" with them.  What a wonderful message, thanks to a man from Venture Expeditions. It was one of those services where I really felt like God was speaking through him directly to me!  It was refreshing. 

That's all for tonight. Short and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment